Re: [LAU] Auto sampler version 2.0 (automatic SFZ creation)

From: Jeanette C. <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 31 2021 - 00:23:20 EEST

Hey hey,
I have updated the AutoSampler quite a bit:
http://juliencoder.de/sound/autosampler-2.0.zip

I have been asked elsewhere, what an autosampler is or does. So: it's a small
tool to automatically send MIDI notes to an external synth and record the
incoming audio. Thus it can convert a patch on your external synthesizer into
a convenient software sample library. Might be interesting to sample your
sweet modular sound, any other analogue synth without patch memory or even rip
a sample-based sound from one of your big chunky keyboards to take anywahere
in a laptop.
This autosampler is best suited to sounds which decay naturally, like pianos,
plucked sounds, drums,...

The AutoSampler is now better documented, within the file and without. It's
much easier to
make the appropriate choices for audio and MIDI.

Furthermore the AutoSampler will now automatically create an SFZ file. I have
tested it and it runs well in LinuxSampler.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c
Top down, on the strip