[linux-audio-announce] [Fwd: Musical MIDI Accompaniment, beta 0.2]

Subject: [linux-audio-announce] [Fwd: Musical MIDI Accompaniment, beta 0.2]
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Sun May 18 2003 - 18:30:37 EEST

Greetings:

  This came in recently from Bob van der Poel. I've used his MMA, it's
not yet BIAB but maybe someone could put a decent GUI to it ?

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org

attached mail follows:

I'm pleased to announce the release of my program

          mma - Musical MIDI Accompaniment
          version: Beta 0.2

MMA is a accompaniment generator -- it creates midi tracks
for a soloist to perform over from a user supplied
file containing chords and MMA directives.

MMA is very versatile and generates excellent tracks. It comes
with an extensive user-extendable library with a variety of
patterns for various popular rhythms, an extensive user manual,
and several demo songs.

MMA is a command line driven program. It creates MIDI files
which need a sequencer or MIDI file play program.

MMA is written in Python. You'll need version 2.2 of Python
for MMA to function.

MMA is supplied in a tar archive. Included in the archive:

     mma - the executable python script
     lib - a set of standard library files which contain MMA
           patterns for different rhythms.
     songs - some demo songs
     mma.ps - an 80 page postscript manual.
     mma-tut.ps -- a short tutorial.
     mma-lib.ps -- reference to the standard mma library.

The entire download is approximately 450K.

MMA is currently in BETA. We are looking for lots of help in debugging
the program, creating songs for distribution, and new and improved
library files.

Best of all, MMA is free. It is released under the terms of the GNU
public license. It has been developed on a Linux platform, but should
be usable on just about any system.

MMA is available on my personal home page (warp to the music section):

          http://www.kootenay.com/~bvdpoel/music.html

If you have any questions or comments, please send them
to:

         bvdpoel_AT_kootenay.com

Enjoy!

Beta 0.2 has cleaned up code, better docs and more pattern files.
Comments appreciated!

EMAIL: bvdpoel_AT_kootenay.com
WWW:   http://www.kootenay.com/~bvdpoel