[LAA] GlassCoder v0.5.0

From: Fred Gleason <fredg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 31 2014 - 22:16:47 EEST

I’m pleased to announce the initial public beta release of GlassCoder, a minimalist JACK live encoder client for Icecast and Shoutcast streaming servers. GlassCoder is available under the GNU Public License version 2. Some features available in this initial beta release:

        Support for Icecast (v2) and Shoutcast (v1) streaming audio servers

        Support for streaming MPEG Layer 3 (‘MP3’) audio

        Support for the JACK Audio Connection Kit (http://www.jackaudio.org)

GlassCoder is a ‘minimalist’ client in the sense that it utilizes no GUI or configuration file components whatever; its entire ‘user interface’ consists of a command-line invocation, making it particularly well-suited for use cases where the encoder is driven by an external system, such as an automation system or script. Full documentation is provided by the included man page.

Further information and download links are available at https://github.com/ElvishArtisan/GlassCoder

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Chief Developer |
| | Paravel Systems |
| Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. |
| -- Werner von Braun |