[LAA] latest Yoshimi developments

From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 09 2015 - 19:59:24 EEST

V 1.3.5-rc

I don't usually post here about release candidates, but there have been a lot
of changes since V 1.3.4

Some, like vector control were demomstrated to a handful of people at LAC 2015,
others are a direct response to suggestions there, and there is a roadmap we're
following too.

Before making a full release I'd very much like comments. What you like, what
you don't and what's just 'meh'. So please grab the current snapshot.

In brief:

User interface

Visual identification of use of any/all three synth engines

Part number and name added to all editing window title bars
Also voice number to AddSynth oscillator editor

Scroll wheel control of all rotary knobs +Ctrl for very fine control

Horizontal as well as vertical drag of rotary knobs

Revised some layouts and removed redundant controls and refreshes

System

On demand jack port creation for part outputs

NRPNs inc 14bit & increment/decrement
Also Zyn compatible ones (with some extensions)

16, 32 or 64 semi-independent parts

Vector control

Direct part control

Miscellany

The 'docs' directory now gets installed, although still scrappy text files

There is a new historical branch (currently with versions 0.010 to 0.038)

Yoshimi is now mirrored https://github.com/abrolag/yoshimi

Of course the original is still http://sourceforge.net/projects/yoshimi

--
Will J Godfrey