[linux-audio-dev] unofficial csound 3.55

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] unofficial csound 3.55
From: Nicola Bernardini (nicb_AT_axnet.it)
Date: ke kesä   23 1999 - 14:36:15 EDT

Dear all,

I have committed a working version of csound 3.55 into the CVS repository.
In this version, most of 'float' variables have been changed into 'FLOAT'
with an ifdef to switch from float to double at compile time. This was
done to experiment with doubles all over the code, I guess.

I wanted to experiment too. So I added a switch into the configure
process to be able to switch easily from float to double. Then I tried.
Obviously, the code has never been tested with doubles because it hardly
compiled. I made it compile (so that now it compiles) but if you set
float as doubles it won't run anything, I guess (it does not grock any
of my test orc files). It was obvious because it is rather simplistic
to switch from float to doubles like that (what are you going to do,
for example, with 'scanf's and the like?).

I committed the code anyway so that if there is any person of good will
wanting to help debug this you are welcome to it. I will try to debug
it myself as I would like to have such an engine, but I am not sure
how long it will take.

So I also would refrain to post a distribution until the code does not
work properly, unless some of you request otherwise.

ciao

Nicola

P.S. Sorry about the multiple CVS messages on the csound-unix-dev: one
     day I'll have the time to fix that too (in another life :)...

Nicola Bernardini
E-mail: nicb_AT_axnet.it

Re graphics: A picture is worth 10K words -- but only those to describe
the picture. Hardly any sets of 10K words can be adequately described
with pictures.