Re: [linux-audio-dev] various nags

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] various nags
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp_AT_ulster.net)
Date: pe elo    13 1999 - 02:09:12 EDT

rob wrote:

> the ones you've mentioned cover pretty much all my major concerns.
> problem one is relatively easy to implement. the easiest least intrusive
> way to do it i think would just be to allow editing via cut/play lists and
> then have the editor apply those to create the final saved file.

Sounds good. Another trick used by Cool Edit and probably others, to
speed up the time it takes to open a large file, is to store the data
for the display as a separate file, rather than always calculating it
on-the-fly. Of course, if the soundfile has a more recent modification
time than the display datafile, or if the display file doesn't exist, it
needs to be created anyway... so you don't gain all THAT much this way.

> on a side note, i really want some usb interfaces to be supported
> so that one could use a laptop alone to control synths and record...thats
> what i really want.

Me too!

--PW