Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Nicola Bernardini's sound file librarycomments

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Nicola Bernardini's sound file librarycomments
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp_AT_ulster.net)
Date: ke elo    18 1999 - 14:01:55 EDT

rob wrote:
> what about letting it play virtual files so to speak. create
> arbitrary regions in multiple (or the same) files and a play list
> assembled from the region id's. you can simulate direct access, huge-file
> handling, speedy deletes (delete first 2megs of a 100 meg file, etc), and
> large undo buffers with this. all operations would be done upon a flush
> or close.

Yes, please!!! I don't know enough to know if this approach will work
technically, but anything that lets me delete or modify just a bit of a
huge file without waiting for ages and ages... that would be a godsend.

-

slinkP arts: music, sound, illustration, design, etc.

zarmzarm_AT_hotmail.com --or-- slinkp AT ulster DOT net
http://www.ulster.net/~abigoo/