Re: [linux-audio-dev] non-destructive editing

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] non-destructive editing
From: Bill Schottstaedt (bil_AT_ccrma.Stanford.EDU)
Date: pe elo    20 1999 - 08:54:35 EDT

> Let's first try
> and have a nice *simple* library. It's important. Non-destructive
> editing may be done and is probably done and needed in zillion
> different ways. Let's try to implement it first in some application

One example is snd-edits.c in Snd; I wasn't thinking of it
as something for a library, so it's not that style of code,
but it appears to work. If there's interest I could write
a description of it ("the code *is* the documentation").

(An aside about being able to read one channel of a multi-channel
file -- this becomes important when you're dealing with 8
or 24 channel files, both in time and memory; and another
aside, now that I'm typing (I'm going to regret this...),
the choice of integer format in sndlib was not made for
reasons of computational speed).