Re: [linux-audio-dev] The future of libsndfile

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] The future of libsndfile
From: rob (rob_AT_kaybee.org)
Date: pe elo    20 1999 - 09:29:34 EDT

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> Nicola Bernardini wrote:
> >
> > Let me insist. This is another layer of worms. Let's first try
> > and have a nice *simple* library. It's important. Non-destructive
> > editing may be done and is probably done and needed in zillion
> > different ways.

> I have more than enough work cut out for myself. The new non-destructive
> editing format was a long term goal. Obviously such a thing requires
> a lot of thought.

        indeed, first things first. the nice part is that this needn't be
done in the same library, and it doesn't really depend on anything else.
integration (if and when) is just a matter of hacking the read/write
functions to allow the app to use the non-dest. editing transparently.
the important part is that it be in some library available for re/use.
        hooray another thing on my todo list (right there under 'save
the world' and 'have breakfast' :D) .

                                rob

----
Rob Melby
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gt4255a
Internet: rob_AT_kaybee.org, gt4255a_AT_prism.gatech.edu