[linux-audio-dev] Mix with plugins

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Mix with plugins
From: Guenter Geiger (geiger_AT_epy.co.at)
Date: to elo    26 1999 - 05:34:09 EDT

Hi !

As there has been a lot of discussion about plugin interfaces, realtime
scheduling and the like on this list, I thought I probably announce
my recent hacks with plugins and mix.

The sources are accessible via anonymous CVS:

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous_AT_gige.xdv.org:/cvs login

cvs checkout mix
cvs checkout strummin

The strummin plugin interface is rather basic, modelled loosely after
VST1.0.

It's not well worked out yet (hey, I only had one week for design and
implementation), but functional for it's purpose within mix.

Plugins are shared objects, which are loaded from the main
application.

Mix currently only supports "int" plugins, but the plugin interface
can do other types too. I'm planning to add floating point support
soon.

If people want to try their favorite filter, effect or the like within
mix, go ahead programming a plugin, send me the code and suggestions
how to make the API better :)

Guenter