[linux-audio-dev] YARTL

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] YARTL
From: Thomas Hudson (thudson_AT_cygnus.com)
Date: pe elo    27 1999 - 11:49:59 EDT

I thought I knew about every linux port and realtime linux effort. But
I found a new one called QLinux. This looks promising as the musicians
linux:

QLinux: A QoS enhanced Linux Kernel for Multimedia Computing
http://www.cs.umass.edu/~lass/software/qlinux/

--begin quote
QLinux is a Linux kernel that can provide quality of service guarantees.
QLinux, based on the Linux 2.2.x kernel, combines some of the latest
innovations in operating systems research. It includes the following features:

      Hierarchical Start Time Fair Queuing (H-SFQ) CPU scheduler
      Hierarchical Start Time Fair Queuing (H-SFQ) network packet scheduler
      Lazy receiver processing (LRP) network subsystem
      Cello disk scheduling algorithm [not stable yet]
--end quote

I found it on a page that lists linux ports:
http://www.ctv.es/USERS/xose/linux/linux_ports.html

Thomas