Re: [linux-audio-dev] plugin ideas based on Guenter's mix plugin API

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] plugin ideas based on Guenter's mix plugin API
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: la elo    28 1999 - 09:10:22 EDT

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, est_AT_hyperreal.org wrote:

>> I think we should keep any GUI stuff out of the API as good
>> as possible.
> OK. Here's a simplifying suggestion. Two fields: 1) a gui type
> string and 2) an opaque gui data pointer.

In ecasound, all effects must implement functions for getting and
setting parameters, getting number of parameters and getting parameter
names (+ effect name of course). This info is all I need for building
a effect-GUI (= widget that show all effect params, their names, etc.).

--
Kai Vehmanen ----------------------------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 : email                                 mailto:kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi