[linux-audio-dev] streaming xml

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] streaming xml
From: est_AT_hyperreal.org
Date: su elo    29 1999 - 16:49:56 EDT

est_AT_hyperreal.org discourseth:
> Andreas Voss discourseth:
> > > The existing parsers don't seem very useful for handling streaming
> > > control input (it just doesn't seem to fit the xml paradigm), though I
> > > could very well be wrong about that.
> >
> > Most parsers support the SAX API which informs the application about tags
> > during the parse process.

Hmm..could SAX stand for `semantic actions'? I'm a yaccer from way back. :)

> Cool. I'm definitely interested in XML possibilities. Can you
> recommend a good parser with a good license?

I've been looking at libxml. It seems to have entry points to parse
an in-memory document and a file..but I don't know if the latter will
handle streaming data. Documentation that starts "parser -- one line
description goes here" is a little disappointing. :)

Eric