Re: [linux-audio-dev] plugin ideas based on Guenter's mix plugin API

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] plugin ideas based on Guenter's mix plugin API
From: 2nb (2nb_AT_bsx.ru)
Date: la syys   04 1999 - 00:45:57 EDT

On Sat, 28 Aug 1999, David Olofson wrote:

>> ops sounds cool, but .... well Open Plugin Specification sound rather
>> .. not very inventive .. but probably what we need for some people
>> to accept the API.
>
>OMPIS... Open Multimedia Plug-In Specification. *hehe*
>
>No, seriously, should we try to give a hint as to what the main use of the
>standard is, or not? Open Plugin Specification is perhaps a bit too
>non-specific, but OpAPS, Open Audio Plug-in Specification probably doesn't
>cover all areas where it can be used... Kind of a marketing decision.

hello, i've been following the discussion from the beginning.
my background and current work are not very interesting since i don't plan
to contribute and/or propose anything useful at least for the momment. so
i'll skip any kind of intro.

but your OpAPS acronym set me thinging of a new one:
TOPAS
sounds nice
stands for "The Open Plugin Audio Spec" or gnu-like "TOPAS is Open Plugin
Audio Spec"
one bad thing, i remember of at least one graphics product named topas.

                                                  2nb.