Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Timed Event Editor Framework

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Timed Event Editor Framework
From: David Slomin (dgslomin_AT_CS.Princeton.EDU)
Date: la syys   04 1999 - 05:09:04 EDT

On Sat, 4 Sep 1999, Andreas Voss wrote:

> I think selecting events by marker events is some mixture of selecting a
> range of events related to timestamp and selecting a time-independent
> set of events. Both should be possible, i would like to process bars 1 to
> 10 for example, and I would also like to process event a and c but not b
> in the above example. In this case the user could select the desired
> events by clicking on them.

You know, you're absolutely right. I'd been keeping the discontiguous
selection mechanism separate in my mind, and I forgot that this case
was best handled by that. Thanks.

I guess that eliminates the last barrier to having a separate event list
per track. Now I have to decide how to deal with markers. Should there
be two types of marker event, one which is track specific and one which
goes in the conductor (global) track? I can think of cases where each
would be more appropriate. I'm pretty sure that SMF only defines one type
of marker, and I don't remember whether or not it has a track number
associated with it.

Div.