Re: [linux-audio-dev] Kwave

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Kwave
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: ti syys   14 1999 - 07:25:53 EDT

>From: Kai Vehmanen <kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi>
>
>- Does it load the sample data into memory (in otherwords; does
> it support _large_ files)?

Either loads to memory or uses mmap.

>- Are the basic UI-features (marking, copy, cut, paste, etc) working?

As far as I know, even I have not tried KWave myself.

>I don't have the time to take over this project, but I wish I could.

We should not worry about KWave because I'm putting all interesting
features to my wave editor. I'm sure it will have a feel of Sound Forge.

I remember KWave is written with C++. That is second reason why I don't
adopt it.

>TAON looks goods, but I've had a lot of problems with it

They seem to have other problems too... I simply don't thrust them as
I don't thrust spammers. (Check their license/patent mess... whatever, who
cares?)

By the way:
Has anyone succeeded to compile GNU software named Out of Phase?
It seems to be both wave editor and multitrack sequencer (a la Mix).
It is at least in "ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/sci/audio/out-of-phase/".

Yours,

Juhana