[linux-audio-dev] Re: bad latency benchmark results with SMP kernel

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: bad latency benchmark results with SMP kernel
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: ke syys   15 1999 - 11:41:21 EDT

>This seems to mean that the N6 patch is not
>working well for SMP.

I have an dual PII-450 machine, but I'm still stuck at 2.2.7.

I would like to point out that the latency issues are not anywhere
near as much of a problem on an MP system. I can get hardware-level
latency (limited by the DMA transfer size - typically about 0.2ms) on
my system, by just binding to the processor and blocking interrupts
from that processor (oh, and using mmap(2)).

Even so, I will make an effort to move up to 2.2.10(N6) over the next
week or so, and see what I find out.

--p