SV: [linux-audio-dev] digital audio app...

Subject: SV: [linux-audio-dev] digital audio app...
From: Jair-Rohm (gtc_AT_mbox200.swipnet.se)
Date: su syys   19 1999 - 07:01:01 EDT

This is interesting...

Just as i suspected, it isn't possible to manipulate .sun.audio sound files. So much for a stand-alone digital audio app. Then again, there are ways to run an Applet as an application. Could that be a "best of both worlds situation"? What about the latest version of the JMF: is it possible to download these classes and use them with my Blackdown 1.1.3 or 1.1.7?

Have you posted any of your Java music apps? Have you done anything with dsp under Java? Do you use JNI for all of the actual "dirty work" and just use Java for the GUI? Which version of Java are you using under Linux? Have you worked with 1.2 on any other platforms?

Thanks;

Jair-Rohm