Re: [linux-audio-dev] signal flow in Quasimodo

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] signal flow in Quasimodo
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: to syys   23 1999 - 11:47:30 EDT

>From: Paul Barton-Davis <pbd_AT_Op.Net>
>
> is, if you have a signal generator named "xxx" and a delay line
> called "aaa", then on the first control cycle, only silence will
> emerge, because the signal generator will run *after* the delay
> line.

Hmm.. the delay will anyway produce some silence in the first place.
Do you mean extra silence? That is, if the delay is N and control period C,
then the actual silence is N+C and not N as should be?

That is handled correctly in my system.

Good luck to AES. I think there is no need to tell everything but
at least that Linux is able to have minimal latencies and that there
are N+1 possible users for their products. A quick list of existing
audio software could do fine for end users.

Please, if possible, don't stand at the doors and stick a paper note to
people's hand. Instead, go through every commercial software producer
and start talking if they have plans to go for Linux, then give that
paper note to them if they really want it. Let the crackpots only stand
at the doors! Try avoid "I love Linux" T-shirt at that day...

Yours,

Juhana