Re: [linux-audio-dev] signal flow in Quasimodo

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] signal flow in Quasimodo
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: to syys   23 1999 - 22:40:59 EDT

In message <19990923154736Z46412-8255+2372_AT_nic.funet.fi>you write:
>>From: Paul Barton-Davis <pbd_AT_Op.Net>
>>
>> is, if you have a signal generator named "xxx" and a delay line
>> called "aaa", then on the first control cycle, only silence will
>> emerge, because the signal generator will run *after* the delay
>> line.
>
>Hmm.. the delay will anyway produce some silence in the first place.
>Do you mean extra silence? That is, if the delay is N and control period C,
>then the actual silence is N+C and not N as should be?

yes, i meant extra silence caused by the absence of any input from the
generator for the first control cycle's execution of the delay.

so, you get N, but shifted by C from the "true" start.

at some point, i will fix this so that you can control the execution
order. i don't think this is hard: we just default to alphanumeric
sort unless a module is marked with an "run order" number, which you
can assign yourself. its hardly critical for most things.

--p