Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Plug-in API progress?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Plug-in API progress?
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: ke syys   29 1999 - 19:26:04 EDT

>Computers control aeroplanes. There are solutions... (More on that in my

and aeroplanes cost ....

sure, a lot of it is for the mechanical construction, but as expensive
as those Studer consoles are, I think I'd rather pay that than the
cost implied by what I understand would be involved in an
aeroplane-like system.

related note: a friend of mine who worked for the JPL for a while told
me a few years back that NASA had not yet sent a computer any more
powerful than a classic Mac into space. They just didn't believe they
could build one that would be reliable enough. Its a testament to what
you can do with limited hardware, and also to the range of
reliabilities that we work with. I think that this may have changed
recently, BTW, but only for the non-critical systems on the shuttle.

--p "live from Apollo 13 Studios"