Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Plug-in API progress?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Plug-in API progress?
From: David Olofson (audiality_AT_swipnet.se)
Date: ke syys   29 1999 - 18:18:54 EDT

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Stewart M wrote:

> > >Indeed. And that's also an application where you *really* need high
> > >reliability.
> >
> > The places that do this kind of thing with *digital* mixers, at least
> > for now, are also the kind of places that are going to want to run
> > real hardware consoles, and its going to be a while before Linux or
>
> I worked at a place that did this kind of thing with a digital mixer and
> the world class digital console was replaced by it's analog brother
> shortly after it crashed during a live broadcast. Those things are great
> for studio work where the automation and recall features save tons of time
> and you can afford the odd reboot. But when you are live to four networks
> with an orchestra it can make for a really bad day.

Computers control aeroplanes. There are solutions... (More on that in my

Oh, aerospace control systems do fail occasionally, even though there are
usually three of each, and multiple watchdog systems - but so does analog
cirquitry.

//David

 ·A·U·D·I·A·L·I·T·Y· P r o f e s s i o n a l L i n u x A u d i o
    ·Rock Solid David Olofson:
    ·Low Latency www.angelfire.com/or/audiality ·Audio Hacker
    ·Plug-Ins audiality_AT_swipnet.se ·Linux Advocate
    ·Open Source ·Singer/Composer