Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: mutex madness

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: mutex madness
From: Eli Brandt (eli_AT_v.gp.cs.cmu.edu)
Date: ke syys   29 1999 - 22:06:35 EDT

I haven't been able to keep up with the plug-in architecture
discussion, so maybe this has already been brought up. What about
sending events via lock-free queues?

One hassle is that they're single-reader/single-writer, which if
people have been talking about many-to-many communication will be
annoying (we're using them now for three-to-three -- only
quadratically annoying). But one-to-many is what I'm imagining.

--
     Eli Brandt  |  eli+@cs.cmu.edu  |  http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~eli/