Re: [linux-audio-dev] 3D audio?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] 3D audio?
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: pe loka   01 1999 - 10:24:36 EDT

http://www.steinberg.de/nuendo/

>speaker configurations; 5.1 for example is 4 speakers plus a subwoofer.

5 speakers (left, right, center, back left, back right) plus subwoofer
having 0.1 of the frequency range of other speakers.

>Apparently, the home audio ("theater") industry sees a whole new way
>to make money here, convincing us all that stereo is inadequate :(

I wait for true 3D audio with speakers all around (20 speakers plus subwoofer
at minimum). And all this as cheaply as 5.1 surround amplifier today. :-)

Yours,

Juhana