Re: [linux-audio-dev] Draft: Audiality article for MusicStation

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Draft: Audiality article for MusicStation
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: ti loka   05 1999 - 19:00:00 EDT

Finally, after all that wasted time talking about design, We get down
the heart of things ! :))))

>Yep... But what's the name of the API?

Here are a few midst-of-the-hack ideas:

LAPS Linux Audio Plugin Standard
LAPLAND Linux Audio Plugin Language and Design
LAPI Linux Audio Plugin Interface
YAPI Yet Another Plugin Interface
TAPDANCE The Audio Plugin Definition ANd Connection Extension
LAPDOG Linux Audio Plugin Definition
SOCKET Sound Connection and Key Extension Tools
GACK GNU Audio Connector Kit
TEDIUM This Extension Definition Is Under new Management
inVeST is not VeST

I don't like any of these very much, but I know that Dan Hollis can
often come up with the goods in this department :)

Anything that reeks of generality, typical understated Linux humor is
welcome by me, and there are extra points for a good recursive
acronym.

--p