Re: [linux-audio-dev] Draft: Audiality article for MusicStation

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Draft: Audiality article for MusicStation
From: David Olofson (audiality_AT_swipnet.se)
Date: ti loka   05 1999 - 18:36:13 EDT

On Wed, 06 Oct 1999, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> Finally, after all that wasted time talking about design, We get down
> the heart of things ! :))))
>
> >Yep... But what's the name of the API?

Exactly! :-))

> Here are a few midst-of-the-hack ideas:
>
> LAPS Linux Audio Plugin Standard
> LAPLAND Linux Audio Plugin Language and Design
> LAPI Linux Audio Plugin Interface

Linux specific? That could possibly be OK for an implementation...

> YAPI Yet Another Plugin Interface
> TAPDANCE The Audio Plugin Definition ANd Connection Extension
> LAPDOG Linux Audio Plugin Definition
> SOCKET Sound Connection and Key Extension Tools
> GACK GNU Audio Connector Kit

Graphic Adventure Construction Kit, IIRC... (Old C64 title. :-)

> TEDIUM This Extension Definition Is Under new Management
> inVeST is not VeST

TREPIN The REal Plugin INterface
IIAPI IIAPI Is A Plugin Interface

However, I'd like the client/server API to be a part of the definition as
well... And audio only is too restrictive.

PACIM Plugin And Client Interface for Multimedia (Boring...)
MUMIS MUltiMedia Integration Standard (*hehe*)
MINI Multimedia INtegration Interface
MINTIN Multimedia INTegration INterface

Not very inspired today...

And typing on a Dvorak layout is still a bit tiresome one day after the
switch...! *hehe* It does make a lot more sense than Qwerty, though. (You have
many frequently used words completely on the homeline.) Relearning is not as
hard as it may appear. :-)

//David

 ·A·U·D·I·A·L·I·T·Y· P r o f e s s i o n a l L i n u x A u d i o
    ·Rock Solid David Olofson:
    ·Low Latency www.angelfire.com/or/audiality ·Audio Hacker
    ·Plug-Ins audiality_AT_swipnet.se ·Linux Advocate
    ·Open Source ·Singer/Composer