Re: [linux-audio-dev] powerpc/g4 and Alpha (and RME)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] powerpc/g4 and Alpha (and RME)
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: to loka   07 1999 - 11:50:41 EDT

>One of the things that bothers me is that the RME cards are supported by
>OSS on X86 only. Don't they know that if anything they should have drivers
>just for Alpha.

Forget about OSS. Winfried thinks he will have his ALSA drivers for
the RME Hammerfall ready very soon, and they will be available in
source form. You'll get OSS compatibility for free, because ALSA does
that itself. Right, Winfried ?

Meanwhile, it is likely/hopeful/possible that some people from IRCAM
will write ALSA drivers for the rest of the RME cards, at least in the
form that SEK'D repackages them in (which I don't think involves
hardware manipulations).

--p