Re: [linux-audio-dev] non-destructive editing

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] non-destructive editing
From: rob (rob_AT_kaybee.org)
Date: la loka   09 1999 - 15:48:36 EDT

On Sat, 9 Oct 1999, David Olofson wrote:

> BTW, does anyone know of a fs that allows removing blocks in the middle of
> files? (It's possible to do, but I'm not sure I would want to see the
> resulting mess... :-)

        i would expect that most filesystems that use linked-list/tree
based file allocation schemes would allow it, although the api might not
support it directly. the only thing you'd have to deal with beside fixing
up inodes, is dealing with the leftovers that weren't deleted from the
same block.

                                rob

----
Rob Melby
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gt4255a
Internet: rob_AT_kaybee.org, gt4255a_AT_prism.gatech.edu