Re: [linux-audio-dev] plugin questions

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] plugin questions
From: David Olofson (audiality_AT_swipnet.se)
Date: su loka   10 1999 - 18:14:15 EDT

On Sun, 10 Oct 1999, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> I'm lost here. I though that we are speaking about an event based
> communication system with nodes inside user or kernel space.
> Every callback can be implemented as two event calls (request &
> reply).

Yes, and that works for plug-ins as well as nodes.

It can be as simple as the engine calling the plug-in init()
function until both are happy - just to make the control flow
virtually identical to that of two nodes having an initialization
chat. Again, a uniform API.

(I'm not saying that the plug-in init() sequence - or the
corresponding session for nodes for that matter - *should* be some
kind of event ping-pong. That would indicate that there's a problem
with the design of the init procedures.)

//David

 ·A·U·D·I·A·L·I·T·Y· P r o f e s s i o n a l L i n u x A u d i o
    ·Rock Solid David Olofson:
    ·Low Latency www.angelfire.com/or/audiality ·Audio Hacker
    ·Plug-Ins audiality_AT_swipnet.se ·Linux Advocate
    ·Open Source ·Singer/Composer