[linux-audio-dev] full-duplex

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] full-duplex
From: Rafael Flister Monteiro (flister_AT_uol.com.br)
Date: su loka   10 1999 - 20:20:17 EDT

Hello,

I am a graduate student from Brazil and I am starting to work with sound programming under Linux. I would like to know if you could help me.
I have been having problems with full-duplex operation, I created two processes, the first reads 16 milliseconds of sound samples from de microphone and sends them to the second process using an UDP socket. The second process receives these samples and writes them on the soundcard.
I opened the device for reading and writing (O_RDWR), set the full-duplex option and set the fragment size (0x7fff0007). But I am not able to read and write the amount of data that I ask.
What are the problems involved in full-duplex operation?

I will be very thankful if you could help me.

Thanks.

Rafael Flister Monteiro
Telecommunications Engineering
CPDEE/UFMG - Belo Horizonte - MG - Brazil
flister_AT_novell.cpdee.ufmg.br
flister_AT_uol.com.br