Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: timing issues in a client/server enviroment

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: timing issues in a client/server enviroment
From: David Slomin (dgslomin_AT_CS.Princeton.EDU)
Date: ma loka   11 1999 - 19:10:30 EDT

On Sat, 9 Oct 1999, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:

> i don't want to force programs into using something other than the
> Unix file interface if they believe they want to use it.

Thanks Paul... there are several of us here who very much appreciate that
sentiment! :-)

Actually, I don't so much care if I'm writing "directly to the hardware"
as in the case of OSS, or if I'm writing to a routing system that acts
just like a hardware port, as in the case of ALSA, as long as I still have
the choice of coding using traditional file system operations.

Div.