Re: [linux-audio-dev] aRts, KDE - say it ain't so! [it ain't]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] aRts, KDE - say it ain't so! [it ain't]
From: Roger Larsson (roger.larsson_AT_skelleftea.mail.telia.com)
Date: ma loka   11 1999 - 19:54:59 EDT

Hi all,

The only part of aRts plugin does not care about what window system
you use.

But to be able to connect the plugins in a nice and easy way
there is a GUI written in and using KDE.

A few notes from arts one year history page:
  http://www.stud.uni-hamburg.de/~arts/doc/1styear/index.html

"Besides other reasons, that was the motive why CORBA came into aRts. It
 would allow the synthesizer to simply do its work, alone, independent
from the
 toolkit. Anyone who liked to do something with the synthesizer then
could write a
 GUI in his/her favourite programming language, or a scriping system, or
whatever
 else."

"And others could develop a Gnome frontend parallely - until now there
just never
 happened to be someone who did that..."

Happy porting/developing!

BTW, we should take a good look into this interface IMHO.

/RogerL

--

The Internet interprets Windows as damage, and routes around it.

Roger Larsson Skellefteċ Sweden