Re: [linux-audio-dev] MIDI routing, FIFO's etc.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] MIDI routing, FIFO's etc.
From: David Olofson (audiality_AT_swipnet.se)
Date: ma loka   11 1999 - 21:51:02 EDT

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999, David Slomin wrote:
> Why does everybody like plugins so much? What's wrong with small,
> coorperating, standalone apps?

Performance. Context switches are expensive and timewise
undeterministic, at least in non-hard real time systems...

But the MCS (is there going to be an official name this year!?) API
will be available in both forms, so don't worry. :-)

//David

 ·A·U·D·I·A·L·I·T·Y· P r o f e s s i o n a l L i n u x A u d i o
    ·Rock Solid David Olofson:
    ·Low Latency www.angelfire.com/or/audiality ·Audio Hacker
    ·Plug-Ins audiality_AT_swipnet.se ·Linux Advocate
    ·Open Source ·Singer/Composer