Re: [linux-audio-dev] full-duplex

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] full-duplex
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp_AT_ulster.net)
Date: ti loka   12 1999 - 03:07:43 EDT

Benno Senoner wrote:
> But my Turtlebeach on my P133 with Tyan Tomcat motherboard (HX)
> locks up the kernel some times.
> ( I tried 2.2.5 and 2.2.10 )
>
> Is this due to a hw problem of buggy mainboards (from the Audio-quality HOWTO
> :-) ) ?

It certainly could be. The A-Q-HT has all information I have about
this subject. If you solve your problem or learn more, please send
info to me so I can include it!

I had frequent full-duplex lockups on my intel-mobo system until
some revision number of OSS-Linux when they announced a workaround;
not a single lockup since then.

> Is there a workaround for OSS/Free ?

No idea.

> Does have ALSA the same problems ?

At the time I had my problems, it was said on the ALSA mailing list
that nobody had any docs on how to fix the problem. Maybe they've
found some since then, maybe not. I haven't used ALSA lately (though
I will eventually come around to it again).

--

---------------- paul winkler ------------------ slinkP arts: music, sound, illustration, design, etc.

zarmzarm_AT_hotmail.com --or-- slinkp AT ulster DOT net http://www.ulster.net/~abigoo/ ======================================================