Re: [linux-audio-dev] video interference

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] video interference
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp_AT_ulster.net)
Date: la loka   16 1999 - 02:59:45 EDT

Paul Barton-Davis wrote:

> as an inadvertent test, i just picked up the new version of alsaplayer
> (a truly cool program!). despite having a dual PII-450, with my
> current video card and X server, it suffers from *exactly* the same problems
> as "hdr". huge amounts of noise whenever any X activity occurs; none
> if we just change X state so that no windows are mapped, all noise
> goes away.

You know, this sounds suspiciously like the noise that caused me so
much agony that I started the Audio-Quality HOWTO.

What fixed it for me was to add:
        append=no-hlt
...to my etc/lilo.conf.

-- PW

slinkP arts: music, sound, illustration, design, etc.
email=========================slinkp AT ulster DOT net
ARMS online=======================http://reacharms.com
personal page===========http://www.ulster.net/~abigoo/