Re: [linux-audio-dev] video interference

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] video interference
From: Andy Lo A Foe (andy_AT_alsa-project.org)
Date: la loka   16 1999 - 05:51:29 EDT

On Sat, 16 Oct 1999, Paul Winkler wrote:

> You know, this sounds suspiciously like the noise that caused me so
> much agony that I started the Audio-Quality HOWTO.
>
> What fixed it for me was to add:
> append=no-hlt
> ...to my etc/lilo.conf.

Woah, this helped very much. The interference is still there but, how
should I explain this, at a much lower level. I also noticed that the
interference is there before the audio driver is loaded. Also my hdparm
setttings seem to have a negative effect too (hdparm is almost an ON
switch for the noise :-)

/usr/sbin/hdparm -c1 -u1 -m16 /dev/hda

I'll disable this and test it some more..

Andy

--
AlsaPlayer, http://www.alsa-project.org/~andy/