Re: [linux-audio-dev] potential instrument formats for the linux API ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] potential instrument formats for the linux API ?
From: rob (rob_AT_kaybee.org)
Date: la loka   23 1999 - 22:36:57 EDT

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, Benno Senoner wrote:

> The maximum of fun would be to put an AKAI S1000/S2000 CD in your CDROM drive,
> load it in your softsynth, and play the instruments as you were on a real AKAI
> sample , with correct (or at least good emulated) filter / envelope settings.

        i've got a gtk app for crude akai cd -> .wav and a program that
plays akai samples from midi input (t'was on hold while i was waiting for
2.2 rtlinux to become stable). the reading routines were based on
someones perlscript who reveresed engineered most of the format.

http://www.async.cx/pics/browseshot.jpg
http://www.async.cx/abrowse-0.0.0.tar.gz

and

http://www.async.cx/projects/sampler/

for the code of the akai sampler player thingy. the timing sucks since it
was a pre-soft-rt patch in user mode.

it's messy. it still compiles on my box, but it might have some bit rot
for newer installs.

                        rob

----
Rob Melby
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gt4255a
Internet: rob_AT_kaybee.org, gt4255a_AT_prism.gatech.edu