(no subject)

Subject: (no subject)
From: Benno Senoner (sbenno_AT_gardena.net)
Date: ke loka   27 1999 - 16:50:49 EDT

Hi folks,
I added the my mlock()/munlock() scheme to terminatorX
it is activated when you compile with the option
USE_SCHEDULER ( #ifdef'd ) and requires root privileges,
it works actually very good, ( scratching speed set to 9.9 )
execpt the mentioned Linux low-latency problems while doing
disk I/O (and low-mem boxes do some I/O (using mmap()) when you scratch at 10x
speed :-) )

the link is here:

http://www.gardena.net/benno/linux/terminatorX-3.2-mmap2.patch

Alexander: could you try this by using a kernel with the low-latency patch
applied and booting with mem=16m ?
(do not forget to tune your EIDE disks , see my page)

regards,
Benno.