Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: 4D-NXs (was Re: Sync Issues)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: 4D-NXs (was Re: Sync Issues)
From: Benjamin GOLINVAUX (golinvaux_AT_benjamin.net)
Date: to loka   28 1999 - 09:01:52 EDT

>>This should be a warning sign to anyone thinking of purchasing their
>>hardware. If a company cant be bothered to internally document the
>>hardware, what happens if key engineers leave the company? Oh dear, their
>>project is *permanently screwed*, which means zero support for end users.
>>This is no way to run a company.
>
>Yamaha (the company that this quote comes from) seems to be doing
>quite well :)

If I recall correctly, they said they didn't have written docs IN ENGLISH but
in japanese well (that was in the Big Letter Campaign for DSP factory driver,
isn't it ?).

>in that time is pretty unjustifiable for most things. security for
>obscurity really does work when you only want it for a little while ;)

It sometimes lasts longer... Coca Cola has not patented recipe. They simply
keep the secret well hidden.

BTW, Did pepsi successfully reverse-engineer a Coke can ? I don't think
so...
I still prefer Coke (Well in the US Pepsi's number one, is that right ?).

Benj-a