[linux-audio-dev] Re: 4D-NXs and Hammerfall

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: 4D-NXs and Hammerfall
From: Guenter Geiger (geiger_AT_epy.co.at)
Date: to loka   28 1999 - 12:40:31 EDT

Alessandro Fogar writes:
> About the drivers for RME Hammerfall, I think that they are available
> (OSSFree), please ask to Guenter Geiger, Guenter are you reading this ?

Yes, I´m reading ,..

The drivers for the RME Hammerfall are currently neither OSS nor Alsa.
(Well, that was when I saw (heard) them last two weeks ago)
Winfried is trying to put them out in an acceptable format as time
permits.

I will receive such a card (hopefully in a week or so) and can tell
you more about it then.

The problem with Multichannel and trational sound API's is the
enourmous copy overhead when translating from
interleaved to blocked data. So for reason of speed his driver
currently implements 24 memory mapped like devices.

Guenter