Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux audio questions...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux audio questions...
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp_AT_ulster.net)
Date: la loka   30 1999 - 15:23:17 EDT

Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> Paul - the attributions here are wrong. It was me who commented that
> only using Csound was fairly restrictive, and it wasn't so much a
> comment on Csound, but on not the idea of not using any outboard
> h/w. I'll let anyone else how much *i* have actually used Csound :)

Whoops, I knew who said what, but I think I mangled my message so it
wasn't clear. Sorry.

> >Now imagine trying to write a csound instrument with conditional
> >tests nested inside other conditional tests. I haven't been brave
> >enough to try that yet.
>
> if <condition1> goto second_test
> ... stuff to do when condition1 is false ...
> goto end_tests
>
> second_test:
> if <condition2> goto all_true
> ... stuff to do when condition1 is true and condition2 is false ...
> goto end_tests
>
> all_true:
> ... stuff to do when condition1 is true and condition2 is true ...
>
> end_tests:
> ... proceed ...
>
> there, what could possibly be wrong with that ? :))))

I can't find anything wrong with it, except that I can barely follow
the logic well enough to know if it's right! :)
 I really, really wish csound supported something more like if /
elif / else, with block delimiters of some sort, so you could make
structures like this more readable. Do you have any plans to put
something like that in Quasimodo?

best,

PW

--

---------------- paul winkler ------------------ slinkP arts: music, sound, illustration, design, etc. email=========================slinkp AT ulster DOT net ARMS online=======================http://reacharms.com personal page===========http://www.ulster.net/~abigoo/