Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Sync Issues (was Re: External MIDI Sync using OSS/Free)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Sync Issues (was Re: External MIDI Sync using OSS/Free)
From: Roger Larsson (roger.larsson_AT_skelleftea.mail.telia.com)
Date: la loka   30 1999 - 21:04:14 EDT

Hi,

Benno I guess you mean something like "PCI Latency Timer (PCI Clocks)"
I have it as a BIOS option, mine is set to 32 with a 30 MHz PCI
(180 MHz CPU) it should give 1 us latency.
It can be configured up to 248 that should give about 8 us latency.

If I understand the 440FX documentation correctly no PCI device is
allowed to hold the PCI bus a longer time...

Strange.

/RogerL

--

The Internet interprets Windows as damage, and routes around it.

Roger Larsson Skellefteċ Sweden