Re: [linux-audio-dev]HAMMERFALL (was : List traffic)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev]HAMMERFALL (was : List traffic)
From: Guenter Geiger (geiger_AT_epy.co.at)
Date: to marras 04 1999 - 09:09:04 EST

Benjamin GOLINVAUX writes:
> >I have contacted Winfried about when he is planning to release his
> >driver code,
> >meanwhile I have to decide if I should adapt Winfrieds driver
> >to fit into ALSA or OSS/Free ...
>
> mrmxxx !
>
> Wouldn't it make sense to support alsa, because of the oss
> emulation layer ?
>
> But I understand the alsa driver model is perhaps more difficult...

 Implementing OSS will be faster, as the current driver is OSS´ish.

 Anyhow, it´s a PCM only card (basically no mixing, only switches).
 As an OSS driver it could go faster into the kernel.

 The goal is to be able to release it ASAP, writing
 an ALSA driver from the OSS code should be trivial for someone
 experienced in the field.

> Do Winfried and you plan to release the source code of this driver ?

 Last I have talked to Wini, he said he is planning to clean it up
 and put it in shape for ALSA and then release it.

 I´m still waiting for an answer how far he got with that, so probably
 I can speed up the release by helping him.

 Guenter