[linux-audio-dev] ALSA + lowlatency hang (?)

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] ALSA + lowlatency hang (?)
From: David Olofson (audiality_AT_swipnet.se)
Date: la marras 06 1999 - 12:31:15 EST

I'm running ALSA 0.4.1c on a 2.2.10 + lowlatency N6B kernel (Mingo's
patch), and I have managed to freeze my system twice. (Nothing in
the logs, magic SysRq is dead etc...)

Both times, I'd been using the OSS emulation (audio+MIDI) for hours
(many open/close cycles) with no problems, and then, from what I can
see, the system freezes somewhere around when closing the devices.

The problem here is that I can't find out how to repeat it, so it's a
bit hard to track it down. I suspect that it might alternatively be
related to the kernel + ppp, as the last freeze was shortly after
being thrown off-line. Bad luck, however - I stopped an audio
program just about that time as well, so I can't really tell, and
my "statistics database" is two entries...

I'll try and find a way to repeat it and track it down; I was just
wondering if this seems familiar to anyone.

//David

PS. BTW, now, I consider this a serious problem that must be resolved
- while this kind of thing is to be *expected* from a Windoze box...
Different world. Not going back there - too much for my nerves.

 ·A·U·D·I·A·L·I·T·Y· P r o f e s s i o n a l L i n u x A u d i o
    ·Rock Solid David Olofson:
    ·Low Latency www.angelfire.com/or/audiality ·Audio Hacker
    ·Plug-Ins audiality_AT_swipnet.se ·Linux Advocate
    ·Open Source ·Singer/Composer