Re: [linux-audio-dev] ALSA + lowlatency hang (?)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ALSA + lowlatency hang (?)
From: John Littler (linuxmusic_AT_crosswinds.net)
Date: la marras 06 1999 - 18:55:17 EST

Yep, I'm having freeze problems too..

 David Olofson spake thusly<audiality_AT_swipnet.se>:
> I'm running ALSA 0.4.1c on a 2.2.10 + lowlatency N6B kernel (Mingo's
> patch), and I have managed to freeze my system twice. (Nothing in
> the logs, magic SysRq is dead etc...)

but mine are unrelated to ALSA or the lowlatency patch

> Both times, I'd been using the OSS emulation (audio+MIDI) for hours
> (many open/close cycles) with no problems, and then, from what I can
> see, the system freezes somewhere around when closing the devices.

At first mine seemed related to netscape 4.6x and then it seemed
related to a combination of 4.7 plus emacs. With xemacs 21.1.7
and netscape 4.7 the problem has receeded (once a week instead
of 3 times a day!)... all this is on a RH6 based system BTW

> The problem here is that I can't find out how to repeat it, so it's a
> bit hard to track it down. I suspect that it might alternatively be
> related to the kernel + ppp, as the last freeze was shortly after
> being thrown off-line. Bad luck, however - I stopped an audio
> program just about that time as well, so I can't really tell, and
> my "statistics database" is two entries...

I'll watch out for a ppp or audio concurrence in the future ...
now that I think of it I've been online the last two times I've
had a freeze - don't think I had any audio going tho
tt
John

--
http://linuxmusic.cjb.net