Re: [linux-audio-dev] nice sound for a metronome ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] nice sound for a metronome ?
From: Paul Kellett (paul.kellett_AT_maxim.abel.co.uk)
Date: pe marras 19 1999 - 13:30:16 EST

> any suggestions on a good signal for a the sound of a metronome tick ?
>
> i'd like something with a "thud"-ish feel, rather than a
> scratch/click/pop kind of thing. it would be ideal if it was very
> short (say, 16 frames)

The simplest way to do it is just a trangular pulse of dc. You can adjust
the clickiness with the overall length - I found the total length needs to be
3ms before you get a "thud" sound. The problem with this is it contains very
little energy so is quiet.

For a more "wooden" sound you could clip the output of a resonant band-pass
filter fed with a noise pulse, but this is getting more complex.

Paul.

--
paul.kellett_AT_maxim.abel.co.uk
http://www.abel.co.uk/~maxim/