[linux-audio-dev] Cool synth patches?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Cool synth patches?
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: su joulu  19 1999 - 10:18:58 EST

Hello. In writing dsp functions/effects I find it a major problem that
I don't know how to exactly make 303, razors, vocal sounds, etc. found
from synths and which would be great in testing if the effects works
correctly. Recently, I tried to get info on how Kurzweil's Talk Talk sound
is made so that I could tune my filters etc., but no hope.

The irony is that getting information on the patch/sound in a synth
is the easiest part of the whole process if you own a synth. Now it is
the most difficult part of the process because I don't have any synths
and I actually don't know how to make cool sounds.

If anyone is interested in to have a text describing in detail some
cool sounds, then that would be great. We should document the algorithm
of the instrument, what oscillators are and how they are changing
within the time, what filters are and how they are changing within time.
The detailed information seems to be must, but once done, everybody can
use them to test their system, I believe. Naturally we should have
a recorded version of the sound as it comes from the particular synth.

Specially I'm interested in Kurzweil's Talk Talk sound and Novation
Supernova's "razor" sounds as found from ChatDemo (www.novationusa.com).
But anything interesting from any synth, analog or digital, would be
great.

Are there any guides on how to build great sounds available from net
or bookshop?

Yours,

Juhana