Re: [linux-audio-dev] Multitrack recorder for Fiji

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Multitrack recorder for Fiji
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: ma joulu  27 1999 - 14:45:48 EST

>Do anybody know a multitrack recorder and a sound editor (like
>SoundForge) for use with TB Fiji soundcard?

Why are you refering to your soundcard? Is it some special 16 track
audiocard and needs a special software?

I recently installed new Linux and Alsa drivers. I would like to know
a few "must have" programs which I should install. Anyone?

I have now these:
  arecord -for simple recording
  shmrec -my own simple recorder (hey, it _is_ reliable! :-)
  mpg123 -mp3 player
  lame -mp3 encoder

How should I continue in collecting audio programs? What is the status
of everything out there?

Yours,

Juhana