[linux-audio-dev] Debugging question

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Debugging question
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: ti tammi  04 2000 - 18:25:53 EST

Hello. I'm annoyingly stuck with my wave editor programming: suddenly
the window resizes itself to some large size. I guess some part of my
program overwrites some important memory location. I have gone through
my code, verified initializations, mallocs, returns of malloced structures
from functions, etc. but simply cannot see where something goes wrong.
Assuming the trouble is not in GTK+ 1.2.6, how should I attack this
problem more systematically, more better?

Should I write some verifying code for every assigment? Eek.
How good programmers do it? Are there any automatic ways to check these?
Where is Linux Lint? That sure would help for some kind of bugs.

I'm not regular user of GNU Debugger but I succeeded to see that the
program indeed core dumped to having wrong data in one structure.

Thanks for any ideas,

Juhana