[linux-audio-dev] kernel upgrade question

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] kernel upgrade question
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: ti tammi  18 2000 - 07:54:49 EST

Greetings:

  I'm currently running a Red Hat 5.2 installation with a rebuilt 2.0.36
kernel. I want to upgrade my kernel to the 2.2.n series, and thanks to a
pointer from Thomas Wagner to the excellent RH upgrade pages I now know
how to do it. However, I have yet to download the kernel itself, because
I have some questions.

  1.) Which 2.2.n kernel should I get if I want to apply the low-latency
patches ? Please bear in mind that I'm not planning to use a 2.3.n
kernel.

  2.) I would like to install the latest ALSA package (0.5.0). Is there
a preferred kernel number for that package ?

  3.) Any other relevant suggestions before I go ahead with the upgrade
?

TIA for any help !

== Dave Phillips

       http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/index.html